Friday, January 2, 2009

It's now January and for months I have been struggling to find a topic to blog about with some substance. It was way back in October that I wanted to start this adventure but like most things in my life I kept saying I'll do it later. I am a procrastinator.

The new year seems like the best excuse to bore you with my ramblings and lack of coherence. Call it a resolution, if you must.

Still nothing has presented itself that I consider to be worth wasting anyone's time with and I have no better focus on what exactly these ribbings should be about. I'm open to suggestions.

I am overwhelmed with the requirement, or suggestion, to tag this blog with certain keywords that would help present to the potential reader what they may find. Things like life, work, play, or religion are broad in there scope but how many of those are there? We could spend all day searching for, and finding, results to those searches.

What's going to get my work noticed? Maybe getting attention is not what I want at all? It may open me up for criticism and scrutiny I'm either not able or willing to accept. Who am I kidding? I am human, with a sin nature, and I want the approval of others. I want to hear how clever, intelligent, wise, funny, and mature I am. Please don't hesitate to let me know how much you love me and what I have to say.


Regardless of this uncertainty I press on. Into this blog, to be my life put into bytes, gigabytes, and megabytes. A series of 1's and 0's that translated by some electronic machine are my thoughts, opinions, insights, and words.


Be patient with me, as this is just the beginning. I will get better at this. I will learn the in's and out's of the blogosphere. Until then I invite you to share a few minutes, periodically, to take a glimpse into my world.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Hey Adam, I'm suscribed now. Looking forward to it, I'm sure you'll have some good stuff to say. I'm not a blogger and probably never will be, but that's not going to stop me from giving one piece of advice: try to post as regularly as you can. Like everything else, once you lose momentum, it seems it can be hard to get it back again. Me, I wrote like two posts on our family blog at the beginning, then flamed out and handed it over to Julie, who has kept it going strong for over two years.